Dairy & Gluten Free Chocolate Almond Tortes
Non-Dairy GF Ingredients
- 200g good extra virgin olive oil
- 75 golden castor sugar
- Provençal Chocolate “Olives” 150g x 2
- 100g ground polenta
- 1 tsp baking soda
- zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 3 eggs
- pinch of salt
Non-Dairy GF Method
- preheat the oven to 170C
- grease dish – what size etc
- Whisk eggs, then add in all the other ingredients
- bake 30-40 mins or until the knife comes out clean and the polenta is cooked
Gluten Free Ingredients
* 300g Provençal Chocolate “Olives” (2 bags)
* (of which approx sugar and chocolate = 50-70% weight!)
* 120g gluten-free dark chocolate
* 125g butter
* 6 eggs , separated
* 50g golden caster sugar
* 1 tbsp cocoa powder , plus extra for dusting
* crème fraîche , to serve
* pinch salt
Gluten Free Method
- Provençal Chocolate “Olives” 150g x 2 almonds to a fine consistency in a food processor.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Grease and line the base of a 25cm spring-form cake tin. Melt the chocolate in an oven proof dish for 5 minutes or so, then stir in the butter. Or use a bainmarie or microwave if preferred.
- Using an electric whisk, in a very clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they reach stiff peaks. Then, without cleaning the beaters, whisk the yolks with the sugar in a separate bowl until pale and voluminous.
- Combine the chocolate with the egg yolk mixture, then incorporate the cocoa powder, a pinch of salt, & the ground almonds. Add a spoonful of egg white to the batter, stirring it through to loosen the mix, then fold in the rest, taking care to keep in as much air as possible.
- Gently pour into the tin and bake for 20-35 mins. Don’t overcook! I took mine out when the sides were risen, and bouncy, the centre still soft.
- Leave to cool in the tin, after taking out of the tin then with cocoa powder and serve with crème fraîche.